NOPIKEX® is a personal insect repellent formulated as soap, that provides protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects for up to 8 hours. By preventing man/vector contact, NOPIKEX® can help to reduce the incidence of vector-borne diseases such as Malaria, Dengue, Leishmaniasis, Filariasis, Chikungunya, West Nile Virus, Yellow Fever and Lyme Disease.
This formulation, thanks to its efficacy as a persistent repellent, its acceptability to health workers, its low cost and simplicity, ease of application, prolonged shelf life and suitability for transportation; that it is neither perishable nor anymore difficult to apply than soap, a product familiar to all cultures and understood in the context of all human environments, is a product commending itself to wide acceptance by low income families as well as all other segments of populations exposed to vector-borne diseases.
NOPIKEX® is available in both solid (50 mg soap bar) and liquid (120 ml spray bottle) forms.
Size / Format
Protection for up to
|NOPIKEX®||DEET @ 22%||50 Gm bar||8 hours|
|NOPIKEX+®||DEET @ 23.8%||120 ml Spray Bottle||8 hours|
|NOPIKEX®||DEET @ 34.5%||120 ml Spray Bottle||10 hours|
The spread of vector-borne diseases is only likely to increase due mainly to population migration, climate change, and increased travel. These conditions make personal protection a matter of necessity rather than choice.
Why NOPIKEX® should be a consumer’s insect repellent of choice:
- NOPIKEX® offers prolonged protection. Field tests have shown that the repellent provides good protection against insect bites after even 12 hours of application.
- NOPIKEX® has low concentrations of active ingredients. Industry standards suggest that the optimum insect repellent is considered to be one that does not have to be reapplied for at least six hours and contains less than 30% DEET. NOPIKEX® is formulated with 10%, 22%, or 23.8% DEET.
- NOPIKEX® is effective against a wide range of biting-insects including mosquitoes, ticks (which vector Lyme’s Disease), and sand-flies (which vector Leishmaniasis).
- NOPIKEX® is a low cost, light, compact, easy to carry, transport and store. A 50gm bar of NOPIKEX® (4 cm x 4 cm x 2 cm) provides an adult with more than 30 days of protection when used daily (see bottom of page IV and top of page V – document is in Spanish).
- NOPIKEX® is Eco-Friendly – it’s presentation as a soap bar allows 100% use of the product with no residual waste and the packaging is reusable.
- NOPIKEX® has a long shelf life, retaining its effectiveness even after months of storage.
- NOPIKEX® has no adverse side effects.
- NOPIKEX®, once applied, is invisible to the eye, non-greasy and virtually odourless.
- NOPIKEX®, because it is formulated as a soap, is familiar to all cultures and understood in the context of all human environments.
- NOPIKEX® is easy to use and has wide acceptance by low income families as well as all other segments of populations exposed to vector-borne diseases.
- NOPIKEX® does not require specialised personnel, costly infrastructure or sophisticated equipment to promote, implement and control its use in endemic areas.
- NOPIKEX® can be produced in any size or weight to meet demand.
This elementary technology makes NOPIKEX® the weapon of choice in large, sustainable, prevention programmes.
Numerous field tests have been carried out using NOPIKEX® by organizations such as:
- UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR)
- The British Medical Research Council
- The US National Institutes of Health
- European Community Commission Special Programme for the Sciences, Research and Development. (Contract NO. TS2-0062-D).
The Armed Forces, Colombia
Ministries of Health of: Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru
- NOPIKEX® LIQUID, CHILDREN: DEET (Diethyltoluamide) 10%
- NOPIKOOL® LIQUID, ADULTS: DEET (Diethyltoluamide) 23.8%
- NOPIKOOL® LIQUID, CHILDREN: DEET (Diethyltoluamide) 10%
Method of Aplication:
- Dip bar end in water or moistened skin.
- Apply to skin, gently rub until white lotion disappears. DO NOT RINSE OFF.
The lotion can also be applied to clothing for added protection. Once dry NOPIKEX® is invisible, non-greasy and virtually odourless. As with all repellents and soaps, care should be taken to avoid contact with eyes, mouth and mucous membranes.