Frequently Asked Questions
Are DEET repellents safe for use on children?
Should I apply a sunscreen before the insect repellant?
Why does Nopikex have such a low concentration of DEET? Wouldn't an 80% concentration make it better?
- Never be applied to areas of the skin which will be subsequently covered – e.g. do not put it on your arms, then put on a long sleeved shirt.
- Never be applied to the lips, ocular areas (close to the eyes), inside nasal cavities or around the genital areas of the body.
- Be washed off completely within a 24 hour period, then reapplied if necessary.
- Applied with care to children’s hands as they will likely have a tendency to rub their eyes or stick their fingers in their mouths without full awareness of the active ingredient in the repellant – while neither of these actions are likely to cause serious harm, they will surely cause considerable discomfort.
I am pregnant. Should I still use Nopikex?
- Laboratory and field evaluations of a repellent soap containing diethyl toluamide (DEET) and permethrin against phlebotomomine sandflies (dipteria: psychodidae ) in Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
- Comparison of methods of repelling mosquitoes.
- Effectiveness of DEET and permethrin, alone, and in soap formulations as skin and clothing protectans against mosquitoes in Australia.
- MALARIA y LEISHMANIASIS Cutánea en Ecuador: Un estudio interdisciplinario.
- Preliminary Field Trials of personal protection against mosquitoes in the Gambia using DEET or permethrin in soap, compared with other metods.
- Field Efficacy of “Mosbar” Mosquito Repellent Soap Against Vectors of Bancroftian Filiariasis and Japanese Encephalitis in Southern India.
- New Weapon Against MALARIA – Mosbar was re-branded as NOPIKEX® in 1,990 when SALDER purchased the global patents for it.
- The current status of community personal protection measures in the Western Pacific Region.
- Prevención de enfermedades transmitidas por mosquitos mediante el empleo de un jabón repelente con permethrin al 0.5% y Dietiltoluamide al 20%.
- Field test for a new soap-type repellent against mosquitoes.
- Effectiveness of soap formulations containing DEET and permethrin as personal protection against outdoor mosquitoes in Malaysia.
- Effectiveness of soap repellent against Mansonia mosquitoes in fresh water swamp forest in Northwestern Peninsula Malaysia.
- Thanaka (Limonia acidissima) and DEET (di-methyl benzamide) mixture as a mosquito repellent for use by Karen women.
- Authorization to use MGK Diethyl Toluamide and MGK Permethrin Technical.
- CERTIFICATE OF OFFICE – State of Minnesota
- ANALYSIS OF FOAM REPELLENT NOPIKEX®.
- TOXICITY ASSAY OF THE PRODUCT “SOAP REPELLENT NOPIKEX®”.
- OCULAR ACUTE IRRITATION TEST IN RABBITS
- ANALYSIS REPORT SOAP REPELLENT NOPIKEX®.
- TOXICITY ASSAY OF THE PRODUCT “NOPIKEX® SOAP REPELLENT” ADDENDUM.
- ANALYSIS REPORT SOAP KARRANKIL®.
- ANALYSIS REPORT SOAP ZARNAX®.